Saturday, December 12, 2009
In the year 1915, the Blackburn Master Cotton Spinners and Manufacturers Association sent a donation of £400 to the school's Maintenance Fund. Even after this, the Lancashire Committee regularly supported the Homes financially through the difficult years.
The cottage is a twin to Preston and has all the facilities that Preston cottage has. It is home to 60 girls of Stds. IV, V, VI & VII. Built in the English style with chimneys and fire places, it is a double storeyed building. The top floor has wooden flooring. Girls from classes IV to VIII stay in this cottage. There is a matron and a warden who also stay in the cottage to take care of the girls.
Richard Greewood of Blackburn was Vice Chairman of the Lancashire Committee.